EP205 Overcoming Food & Body Image Anxiety with Abbie Attwood
Do you really want to spend your life counting calories, tracking food intake, and generally having an unhealthy and joyless relationship with food? Probably not. In today’s podcast, you’ll hear from Abbie Attwood, a nutritionist who is anti-diet, weight inclusive, and helps women heal their relationships with food and how they think about eating.
Listen to the episode to hear Abbie, Rachael, and Kelsea talk about the intersection of autoimmune disease and diet culture, how to think about emotions and eating, and the science behind set point weight.
Topics Discussed in Today’s Episode:
- How Abbi got to this place in her career
- Creating safety with disordered eating
- The intersection of autoimmune diseases and diet culture
- How to support when they’re ready to get out of diet culture
- How emotions intertwine with eating
- Pursuing healthy behaviors without making it about our body size
- Why diets don’t work in the long term
- The harm of fatphobia and medical advice that supports it
- The diet culture system of oppression
- Trusting yourself
- Understanding what you’re really looking for when you’re tracking or calorie counting
- What you want to do with the rest of your life